Saturday, March 29, 2008

Drugs

In the famous graduation speech titled "Everybody's free to wear sunscreen" there is a line that says, "Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will philander and you too will get old and when you do you will fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders."

I find myself at 26 doing just that, fantasizing about the past yet I try to bring myself back to reality every now and then although the reality is sometimes so painful and scary it makes me want to crawl into the safety of my past and build my home away from the filth that is infiltrating our societies.

Drugs are now sold in broad daylight on sidewalks and infront of schools. All kinds of leaves of the Cannibis family can be find anywhere and for a very meager price. It has become so normal that you never know which person walking down the street is awake or only half awake.

When we were young drugs were not so accesible and the norm was not that in every family at least one or two people have tried a drug. So yes prices did rise, politicians were noble and children did respect their elders because now if more children respected their elders then less would be doing drugs...


JUST SAY NO!

No comments: